1/2″ Female x 3/4″ Male Float Style Automatic Air Vent Valve, 150 psi
- Installed on water or stream radiators the Taco automatic coin vent is the ideal air purging device
- The coin vent features special hygroscopic cellulose discs in the valve body, when dry the discs allow air to be released from the system
- Once all the air is purged the discs would then come in contact with system water, where upon they would swell to create a positive shut-off
- This continuous cycle prevents the radiators from becoming air bound and speeds the process of filling the system
- The vent can also be manually shut-off by means of an internal ball check
What is an air vent valve?
An air vent valve is a safety device that discharges air at the water supply piping in order to avoid air related problems in the water piping systems. For protecting piping materials and systems from corrosion due to air (oxygen). ・For preventing water splashing at faucet due to the existence of air. ・For preventing noise resulted from the ingress of air into cold/hot water supply systems, air conditioning systems, and other systems. ・For the smooth startup and stable operation of water supply and other systems/devices through air discharge at the time of initial water conveyance.